International Students are Welcome at Marian High School
Marian High School is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. We currently have students and/or their families representing 43 different countries. If you are an international student or parent interested in learning more about academic excellence at Marian High School, please contact Jaime Gaudet at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also go to our admissions pages to download an application for admission. Along with the admission forms, we also require international students to demonstrate English proficiency by providing results of TOEFL test.
Tuition for International Students for the 2018-2019 school year has been set by our Board of Trustees at $17,500.
Other fees include:
Registration Fee – $250
$750 covers the following and is payable prior to the start of the 2018-2019 school year:
- Locker fee
- Lab fee
- Retreat Day
- Testing Fee
- AP Exam
- Fine Arts
- Cap & Gown (senior only)
- Yearbook (senior only)
NOTE: All international students must have all immunization records and a copy of the most recent physical prior to formal enrollment
International Student Check List
PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE students must submit:
- Online Application – Sections 1 & 2
- Recommendation Letter (one)
- Transcripts (past two years)
- TOEFL Score
- As of 4/1/17, International student applicants to the 9th grade will be expected to achieve a TOEFL score of 60 or higher; It is recommended that 10th grade applicants have a TOEFL score of 70 or higher; that 11th grade applicants have a TOEFL score of 80 or higher; and it is required that 12th grade applicants have a TOEFL score of 90 or higher..
- Complete an interview (either in-person or via Skype)
AFTER STUDENTS ARE ACCEPTED, they are provided with the following materials:
- Health Forms
- Summer reading list
- Book list information
- Uniform information
- Locker information
- Bus/van information if relevant
- List of courses (course booklet)
- Course schedule
- Sports information
- Extracurricular information
- TB test – taken after entrance into the country
If an international student will be participating in sports while at Marian, a waiver form must be completed prior to the first team practice.
Marian High School Recognizes the Needs of International Students
Coming to a high school in a foreign country can be a daunting experience for any teenager. To ease the transition, Marian High School provides several programs designed especially for international students. During the school year, Marian High offers ESL (English as a Second Language) which includes skills development.
We also provide opportunities for international students to better make a smooth transition to our high school through our Multicultural Club. This club provides social opportunities and activities outside of the classroom.