International Students are Welcome at Marian High School
Marian High School is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. We currently have students and/or their families representing 43 different countries.
If you are an international student or parent interested in learning more about academic excellence at Marian High School, please contact Kelly Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also go to our admissions pages to download an application for admission. Along with the admission forms, we also require international students to demonstrate English proficiency by providing results of either TOEFL or TOEFL Jr. testing.
Tuition for International Students for the 2015-16 school year has been set by our Board of Trustees at $13,500. Other fees include:
Registration Fee - $250
- $700 covers the following and is payable prior to the start of the 2015-2016 school year:
- Locker fee
- Lab fee
- Retreat Day
- Field Trips
- Testing Fee
- AP Exam
- Fine Arts
- Cap & Gown (senior only)
- Yearbook (senior only)
Please CLICK HERE for information regarding New Student health requirements.
NOTE: All international students must have all immunization records and a copy of the most recent physical prior to formal enrollment
International Student Check List
PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE students must submit:
- Application form
- Scores of at least 50-55 on the TOEFL test
- Have an interview via Skype
AFTER STUDENTS ARE ACCEPTED, they are provided with the following materials:
- Health forms provided by school
- Summer reading list
- Book list information
- Uniform information
- Locker information
- Bus/van information if relevant
- List of courses (course booklet)
- Course schedule
- Sports information
- Extracurricular information
- TB test - taken after entrance into the country
If an international student will be participating in sports while at Marian, a waiver form must be completed prior to the first team practice. CLICK HERE to download the form.
Marian High School Recognizes the Needs of International Students
Coming to a high school in a foreign country can be a daunting experience for any teenager. To ease the transition, Marian High School provides several programs designed especially for international students. During the school year, Marian High offers ESL (English as a Second Language) which includes skills development.
We also provide opportunities for international students to better make a smooth transition to our high school through our Multicultural Club. This club provides social opportunities and activities outside of the classroom.
New Policy for International Students
- finds an appropriate host family
- ensures the safety of the adolescent
- maintains communication between the school and the student’s parents
- oversees the academic developments of the student
- provides opportunities for cultural enrichment
- ensures that the health forms and financial arrangements are complete
- oversees social support for the student